Divorce Financial Planning
Navigating your finances throughout your divorce is complicated, requiring analysis, planning, and decision-making. Divorce Financial Planning can help.
* Divorce financial planning, post-divorce financial planning, and investment services are only offered through Axis Wealth Partners, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisory firm. Visit https://axiswp.com for additional information and disclosures. These services are only available post-divorce and under a separate agreement and fee arrangement.
What is Divorce Financial Planning?
Am I Going To Be Okay Financially?
How We Help
Let us help you take ownership of your finances by following the guidelines we use to help ensure you’re not just surviving; you’re thriving.
Divorce is overwhelming and emotional. It’s challenging to know where to get started. We’re here to provide some scaffolding by:
- Helping you compile financial documents you’ll need to start the financial discovery process
- Providing personalized reports to illustrate your financial status, cash flow, and net worth pre- and post-divorce as necessary
- Updating reports throughout the process to ensure you’re always prepared
- Producing compelling case exhibits for you and your attorney
- Offering forensic asset tracing to illustrate where marital assets have been spent or dissipated
During an emotional time, we can provide an objective viewpoint by helping you determine whether you can afford to keep your house and how the decision should be carried out if you should decide to do so.
Together, we’ll take a deep dive into your current household income and expenses, which will help us estimate your post-divorce budget.
Also, if your case goes to court, we can provide reliable expert witness testimony.
There’s a lot to process when you’re going through a divorce. Educating yourself is key. Collaborative Divorce Strategies provides insight into the pros and cons of different settlement proposals so you can choose the option that best aligns with your goals.
We’re here to help you comprehend complex divorce financial issues, including:
- Identifying separate property and valuing and dividing marital property
- Dividing retirement accounts and pensions
- Determining current and future personal income tax ramifications
And we’ll help you understand:
- Your options when your spouse owns a business
- How child support and spousal support are determined and the differences between them
- The importance of protecting your settlement with life or disability insurance
- The short- and long-term impact of every financial decision you face
Strategies and Solutions
Your questions and concerns are paramount to helping you make rational, informed decisions. No question is too personal or irrelevant. We listen closely and then offer you planning strategies and help brainstorm solutions to address each of your inquiries.
We’ll help you avoid the common financial mistakes made in divorce and choose the best settlement options. We’ll also address issues including deciding whether it’s better for you to negotiate keeping liquid vs. illiquid assets and determining the Income Available for Support, especially if you or your spouse’s income varies year over year.
Our goal is to help you successfully transition into your new financial reality with a game plan for financial independence with confidence and clarity.